Create a New Flash CS3 Document
Let's start by creating a new Flash CS3 Documents. To do this:
- Open Flash CS3 Professional
- You have various options including some standard templates to choose from. Templates range from advertisement sizes to photo slideshow and quizzes.
- For this tutorial however, we will not use a template.
- Click on Flash File (ActionScript 3.0) under the title "Create New"
- A new flash document is created.
Save the Flash File
- File > Save
- Give it a name e.g animation.fla (note that flash source files have .fla file extension) and save it in a folder of your choice on your computer.
Set up the Document Properties
- Modify > Document
- Give the title, description and dimensions (500x300 pixels). And choose a blue color for the background (for the sky). Click OK.
- You will notice that the stage dimensions and background color have changed to match your specifications.
- Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Flash CS3 worspace as shown in the picture below. You will find various tools on the left, the timeline on the top, the stage in the middle, the properties window at the bottom and some other windows/ palettes on the right.
- Step 1: Create a new Flash CS3 document
- Step 2: Add text
- Step 3: Graphic Symbols
- Step 4: Layers
- Step 5: Draw Shapes (Rectangle)
- Step 6: Draw Shapes (Oval)
- Step 7: Draw Lines
- Step 8: Reuse Symbols
- Step 9: Resize and Rotate objects
- Step 10: Paste in Place
- Step 11: Align
- Step 12: Change colors of symbols
- Step 13: Transform Options
- Step 14: Movie Clip Symbols
- Step 15: Keyframes
- Step 16: Motion Tweens
- Step 17: Lock Layers
- Step 18. Import an Image
- Step 19: Publish the Flash file
- Flash Photo Gallery Tutorial
- Flash CS3 Quiz Tutorial
- Flash CS3 Tutorial Part 2: Create a Simple Website with ActionScript 3.0
- Free Flash CS3 Website Template
- Flash CS6 Tutorial
- Flash CS6 HTML5 Tutorial
Suggestions for Improvement? If you have a suggestion to improve this tutorial please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Flash is part of the Adobe Creative Suite
Streamline web design, development, and maintenance. Order Now!