Define Site in Dreamweaver CS3
Step 1: Dreamweaver CS3 Tutorial - Define New Site
Defining a new site is the first step to creating a website in Dreamweaver CS3.
- Create a folder in which you will store all your project files. Create an 'images' folder within and transfer all the sliced images to this folder.
- Open Dreamweaver
- Define a new site [Site > New Site > 'Advanced' tab]
- Fill in your Site Name in the box provided for 'Site Name'.
- Use the yellow folder icon next to the 'Local Root Folder' box to browse for the project folder you had created.
- You should be able to see the 'images' folder in your Files panel [Site > Files].
Dreamweaver CS3 Tutorial for Beginners
Step 4: Create the CSS Style Sheet
Project 1: Table Based Layout Website
Project 2: DIV/ CSS/ Tableless Layout Based Website
Project 3 : Website with Server Side Includes
Suggestions for Improvement? If you have a suggestion to improve this tutorial please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Dreamweaver is part of Creative Suite 3 Web Standard
Streamline web design, development, and maintenance. Order Now!