URL Link in Flash CS3 (ActionScript 3.0)
In ActionScript 2.0, we used to click on the button and give it onclick properties. In ActionScript 3.0 all the ActionScript is specified in the actions panel for the frame not for the button itself. We need to click the frame on the timeline and open the actions panel. We should NOT click the button instance and give the actions.
Creating a URL Link in Flash CS3 (ActionScript 3.0)
- Click on the keyframe in the ‘logo’ layer.
- In the actions panel type this code:
Below is the explanation of the customizable portions of the code to create a URL link in Flash CS3:
- Test the movie, you will see that the website opens when the logo is clicked.
- Iin the code above, ‘Logo’ is the instance name of the logo button symbol. 'buttonClickHandler' is a function created by us to tell flash to go to the URL http://www.vineyardesigns.com.
- MouseEvent.CLICK tells Flash to execute the function when the Logo is clicked.
- Step 1: Create a New Flash CS3 ActionScript 3.0 Document
- Step 2: Buttons in Flash CS3
- Step 3: Labels for Website Pages in Flash CS3
- Step 4: ActionScript 3.0 in Flash CS3
- Step 5: URL Link in Flash CS3 (ActionScript 3.0)
- Step 6: ActionScript 3.0 Code for Label Links
- Flash CS3 Animation Tutorial
- Flash Photo Gallery Tutorial
- Flash CS3 Quiz Tutorial
- Free Flash CS3 Website Template
- Flash CS6 Tutorial
- Flash CS6 HTML5 Tutorial
Suggestions for Improvement? If you have a suggestion to improve this tutorial please contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Flash is part of the Adobe Creative Suite
Streamline web design, development, and maintenance. Order Now!